POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Join Advice? : Re: Join Advice? Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:31:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Join Advice?
From: Sander
Date: 10 Aug 2000 11:44:56
Message: <MPG.13fcec4382e6b984989680@news.povray.org>
[This followup was posted to povray.binaries.animations and a copy was
sent to the cited author.]

In article <3991777c@news.povray.org>, hca### [at] ksuedu says...
> Hmm.  Using Windows Media Player (v. 7), I seem to get a green frame at the
> join (halfway through the animation I posted, when the ball is at its
> smallest).  Anyone else see this, or just me?
>
> - How

My WMP7 viewer does show the green frame, like you said.
Importing join.mpg into MainActor though, shows a little more than half
of the animation: no green frame! Did you have 24 frames originally? And
was the size of the sphere increasing again after no 22?
When you have uncompressed TGA's and when you simply want to invert the
sequence in the second part of the animation, you could try MPEG, and
perhaps my Windows front end to it...
--
Regards,  Sander